I saw my naturopath again Monday. We did one of those body test things where they send a current through your body and test your water / mass etc. Turns out I’m 1/3 fat. Yikes! Not that I’m shocked. I’m not a tiny little wee thing. I just don’t like having a number put down on paper. It’s what I need to see though - a little reality check. They want to see a 5:1 ratio of lean muscle / bones etc : fat. I’m aiming for 4:1, anything else is gravy or should I say soy based gravy spread?
I also finally got up to writing my IPN nutrition contact, who is the manager of the gym. She explained to me that from now on I’m only to contact her if I have concerns since it’s "her" program. The others still apparently need to be trained more on the system. I’ve picked my new foods and my new program should arrive tomorrow or Monday. I’m looking forward to having my shopping lists again and I’m thinking of even following the breakfast and lunch menus. The nice thing is that most of the foods match up with what the naturopath’s meal plan requirements are. I can tweak it easily to fit nicely with each other.
This week has been great for eating except for last night - I knew I had some jube jubes in the closet left over from my late night gauze run for Neil’s burn treatment on Saturday night. I got him some pain relief chocolate and me some stress relief jube jubes. For some reason I didn’t throw out the ones that were left, I stored them up in the cubby for a “rainy day”. Apparently that day came when I was hungry while doing dishes, four days after I picked them up. To top it off I ate some saltine crackers with butter or peanut butter (I alternated) and then a bunch of Stacy’s Pita Chips. It was a carb fest but man did I feel crappy after. Little lesson learned, for now. I'll more than likely forget it in a week or so and it's a hard lesson to learn.
So here’s another round of planned meals and weekly weigh ins about to start, and no it's not a re-start, it's just a re-alignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment