Okay, so my weight loss goal of 2011 didn't go exactly as I had hoped. I ended up gaining weight, as opposed to losing it. I'm back to almost an all time high weight and I'm angry about it. There were many, many factors in the weight gain and I think I've identified them all so I'm hoping they won't creep up again.
When I lost my ability to do my kickboxing class when I had my knee scope done two years ago, I became a bit lost with my exercise plan. Recovering from the surgery was hard since I was left with a bunch of pain and loss of feeling in portions of my knee. I'm happy to say the feeling is coming back but the pain is getting worse. Now I need to find an exercise outlet that will make me love to exercise again without promoting further pain.
There is one problem getting in my way at the moment and that is the medical trial I'm in. It's a mineral based osteoarthritis drug so I thought if it helps me, great, if not then hopefully it will help them tweak it so it will help others in future trials. I'm about halfway through the study but part of the study is that I can't make too many lifestyle changes during it so it doesn't affect the results. I will be done on February 29th, meaning I can really get into it eight weeks from now.
Until then I'm going to focus on eliminating the junk food and making (and following) meal plans again. I will be returning to the gym and working on upper body strengthening and a light routine of cardio, which since I was doing at the beginning of the study shouldn't throw results off.
So follow me (again) if you'd like - I'll be posting every few days with updates. I'm going to do a total weight loss in the right side column as opposed to posting my weight. Inches might show up at some point but are never accurate since it's impossible to measure the same place twice exactly the same.
Happy *almost* new year to you all and I wish you all the best in whatever your resolutions may be for 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment