Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Level ground

A few days in and I'm holding steady. No weight lost but none gained either so that's a step in a neutral but still positive direction. Exercise hasn't been a high priority but I do count digging out my car from about 9" of snow that fell between sundown and sunrise.

One thing I'm finding is that I don't haven't had many cravings lately. Maybe it was because the holiday season was so full of sugar and treats I have enough stored that it's slowly seeping into my system, keeping me sustained.

Another little tidbit of info is that I joined weight watchers online and started following it yesterday. I've done some free online things in the past but found doing the calories in / out thing is not so much my thing. The points tracker thing is a little easier so long as you know what the points values of each item is.

I have the online tracker combined with an app for my android (which I haven't installed yet) that calculates (but doesn't track) your points on the go. I find it easiest to plan out the food of the day and figure out the points ahead of time. That gives me an idea of roughly how many points I have left to work with. Once I start up on the exercise thing again I get points which I can use from the exercise that I can trade for food points.

I have to check in with my medical trial people tomorrow morning, only six weeks left then I can kick the weight loss back it into high-gear.

Bring it on 2012 - I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Cath,

    For my android phone I have WWDiary, WWPP point calculator and a program called Points List that I have found helpful whenever I have a go at this stuff. Let me know if you find something better.

    Honora

    ReplyDelete