Sunday, January 29, 2012

Let's do it!

Still no movement on the scale. I really should have figured it would have happened due to my lack of activity and a super yummy awesome points filled wing night on Wednesday.

I'm making progress on the exercise thing and that's to say I'm planning on exercising more. I have a gym date set up with Sabrina on Tuesday where I'm going to take her though some weight training which I haven't done in ages but I'm feeling pumped for. I'm also thinking of doing some Yoga on Thursday depending on if I loosen up before then.

Neil and I were at the mall on Saturday doing some shopping and decided to pick up dinner. I was plotting on how to best use my day's remaining points to have the most delicious dinner. I thought I could swing a sub and a blizzard but a small blizzard is a million points. Okay, not a million but almost half my day's points. I didn't want to go overboard so I went down to the dollarama dungeon at White Oaks and went to find a bit of chocolate to mix into my fro yo I have at home. 2 points per 1/2 cup, mixed in with whatever mystery chocolate I picked up from the store. I pulled out my trusty points calculator and out of the oasis of cheap chocolate and candy in my sight I nailed it down to smarties. 6 points for the box so I negotiated myself down to a half box mixed in a serving of fro yo - a 5 point masterpiece!

I was very proud of myself for this amazing low-ish points treat. I slowly rose out of the bargain basement (thanks to my creaky knees but I couldn't justify the elevator) and proceeded to the food court, Neil at my side for support. As we moved towards the ridiculously long line at the Subway, I glanced over at the Manchu Wok line and there were only two people in line AND they were putting out a fresh batch of noodles. I caved. Hard.

The server started to put the noodles in and then passed it along down the row. Grilled chicken please (excellent choice) Hmm... what else... Orange chicken - none of those nasty veggies cooked in a sauce (surprisingly high in fat - check out their nutrition sheet). What?! There's more room in the container?! What a nice server you are filling it to the brim with more noodles!

I came home and started eating the tasty, tasty good/badness. I munched away and surprisingly stopped eating when I felt full. I guess that was a bit of an accomplishment as opposed to mowing down the entire box of food. On top of it all I ended up not eating the "blizzard" I was planning out so hard just an hour earlier. I guess I could be a bit happy about that "accomplishment" too.

So I weighed in this morning and had a bit of a smack down from the scale in saying "Smarten up kitty cat"! I had a small breakfast, a half of a ham sub for lunch. I was saving up some points so I could have dinner out at Jack Astors. I started adding up what they have on the menu and realized that there really isn't anything there that's healthy and satisfying. There are a few selections which are "summer rolls" and grilled chicken salad. Wow. Fun. It worked out that I added a few things up and had a few points left over when I got home to make some popcorn for my night time snack.

I'm not off to the best start in the week because I didn't do any meal planning yet. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow night white Neil is working on his project and just throw something in the slow cooker before I go to work and make up a side when I get home. It's not the most exciting thing I could make but it helps me not grab something on the way home after work.

I'm completely pumped this week to start again, points calculator and looneyspoons cookbook in hand! I'm hoping to be at landmark number one for Easter weekend for my friend's wedding. 19 more to go. 10 weeks, 19 pounds? Totally doable! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment