Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let the pre-birthday week celebrations begin!

Success!! After a crappy week or so I managed to pull it together. I lost 4.8lbs this week!! I still got to have my wings on Wednesday, a few little treats here and there but made no decisions that I would call annoying or hard to live with. I'm trying to made a life change and life without a little treat here and there is boring, so I won't stick to it. The only downside is that I lose 1 more "point" from my daily allowance.

I did was make a change to my breakfast this week. My normal smoothie is 1cup of arthur's smoothies berry puree juice stuff, 1 frozen banana (keeps them longer and helps thicken up the shake), 1 scoop of fiber and 2 scoops of protein powder (I use arbonne, 1 scoop vanilla and one chocolate). Blend it up and drink - I like to make it last over 20 minutes or so - more filling that way compared to guzzling it down.

My new concoction makes me think I'm having dessert for breakfast! 1/2cup milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 tsp natural peanut butter, 1 scoop fiber and 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder. I'm sure I'll get tired of it, but man, do I LOVE this right now!

I've also been slowly making my way through the looneyspoons cookbook. This week was jerk chicken with mango salsa and mexican pizza.

I was so excited to crack open the bbq this week now that the snow has melted to throw on my little morsels of chicken breast. I don't think they were jerks but if they were, they were going to be tasty, tasty jerks. First to turn on the light since it was getting dark. Click. Click. clickclickclickclick. "NEIL!... What's wrong with the light outside?" Burnt out eh. <sigh> I can still see well enough to see where to stick the lighter in to start up the grill. I opened the lid to the bbq and the right hinge gave way. No worries, I'll lean the lid against the fence! Okay... Now to light to damn thing. Propane? check. Left burner knob where the easy-to-light hole is? Rusted. Dammit. Right burner where there is no easy-to-light hole is. Check. Awesome. So I removed the left grill and turned on the knob to allow the propane to ease into the grill. I held the long neck lighter into the "coals" and waited for the fire to kick in. Nothing.. moved it a little closer down... WOOOOSH <squeep!>.**

After all that, everything came together! Perfectly cooked chicken (even in the dark) and the mango salsa was fantastic! The mexican pizza yesterday was really easy to make, since it used a store bought pre-cooked thin crust pizza.

I'm hoping this week won't kill me. Why I agreed to the week leading up to my birthday to be the one where I go back to my trainer is still a mystery. I have THREE half hour sessions (trainer's idea, not mine), a volleyball game, a trip to the dentist for a new mouth guard, a chiro adjustment and a trip to the osteopath.

Upside of the week? Two birthday lunches and a birthday dinner!

I'm hoping to keep up with the weight loss but if this week I just maintain I'll be happy. I'll allow myself to have a little treat here and there but I'm hoping to be able to restrain myself. Wish me luck!

**This is not the way I typically light the bbq - I do propane, lighter in then ease the knob on to avoid the fireballs which used to be common place when I "threw some shrimp on the barbie". 

No comments:

Post a Comment