I’m back in action. Yes, I know I’ve said that before but
after some encouragement from Neil, I think I’ll use this blog to help get me a
little closer to my goal. I’ve dropped a few pounds since my last round of
blogging but I’m still overall going in the right direction. My goal is to lose
25 more pounds by Sept 28th (40 total since the start of the year) when I step on that plane to take me to
Italy! I’m hoping for 30 so that if I gain a few while I’m over there, I’ll be
good to go.
Another thing I’ve realized is that I miss going to the gym,
I miss teaching and I miss being fit. I know I’ll never get to teach kickboxing
again but I really need to get my act together. I miss feeling that two day
after pain you get from a good lifting session. I miss being able to
rollerblade for long periods without feeling like my heart was going to
explode.
I also hate the shape my body has become. Things are more
jiggley and squishy than they’ve been in a few years. I know you can’t spot
reduce so I’m just going to have to aim to shrink everything.
Since I got sick a few weeks ago, I got a wake up call that
I’m not treating my body as the temple it should be. I’m making a huge effort
to get my body able to function through physio, massage, osteopathy and
acupuncture and I’m starting to feel relief pain wise so it’s time to take
control of the inside. I saw my naturopath today and got a few digestive
enzymes to help the healing begin of my GI tract. We tried it about 6 years ago
and it really did the trick so I’m hoping this round will yield similar
results.
I’ll start taking them tomorrow though, today is all about
embracing the spuds by the eyes and enjoying my first taste of potato in three
months. What better way than with fresh cut fries?! How will I feel tomorrow
(or in a few hours)? Time will tell but it was totally worth having them!
I hope you’ll follow me on my new route! I’m going to try to
post at least every other day so stay tuned.

I am suffering from that two day after good lifting session pain for you!
ReplyDelete