The market was awesome. Some great deals on some fresh strawberries ended up in my slicing up three pints with a dash of sugar as a nice fresh dessert option and leaving five more pints in the fridge for fresh smoothies in the morning. I’ve since sliced them up and tossed them in the freezer for future smoothies.
I also grabbed some broccoli, cauliflower, GIANT yams, onions, grapes, cherries, cilantro, mushrooms, limes, tomatoes, pepperettes, and a brisket.
Then came Costco. There are wonderful things I can get regularly at Costco, such as bananas, huge roasted chickens, tasty frozen greek yogurt cups and big bottles of Arthurs smoothies which make great shake and go smoothies with just a scoop of protein powder.
The downfall of Costco is the sheer amount of junk food available. I’ve taken a few images of the bad items which have made their way home with me recently (I swear they just jumped into my cart)
The box of 36 was on sale...
Yes, that’s 1.88kg of trifle. Once you scraped off the chewy blueberries it was deeeelish!
The end result of all this was a fantastic meal of brisket, roasted sweet potato, sautéed mushrooms and onion with some broccoli. For dessert - trifle with sliced fresh strawberries on top. I had a little leftover last night for a snack – angry bird didn’t approve:





No comments:
Post a Comment