I was on track yesterday to having a great day. Amazing frozen strawberry and banana smoothie (with almond milk and protein powder), had a fresh tomato and cucumber salad made from our garden veggies and had left over chicken stirfry packed and ready to go.
I made it almost until lunch then I checked the menu at work. Nacho day. Dammit. I can’t really get mad at myself for having them, they’re so delicious! The thing I can be happy with myself about is that I didn’t get the can of coke that I really wanted to have with the nachos. I got back to my desk from lunch and the popcorn gnome left me some tasty treats for me. It happily crunched away on my corn popping goodness when two cubes over I heard the sweet dancing of the candy pixies tapping away on a desk. I ignored the first movement but after a short pause, they were tappa tappa tapping away again. I couldn’t resist - I walked over and took them by surprise. They were no match for my mad candy killing skills.
I made dinner when I got home and proceeded to lay on the couch for the rest of the night. Acupuncture did take a bunch out of me - my lower back didn’t take kindly to one of the needles. Ugh.
The upside to yesterday is that I saw my trainer this morning. I thought I wanted to take a TRX class so she took me through a half hour of sample TRX exercises. .. … . … I now have decided I don’t want to take the class anymore. Ho. Lee. Crap. I’m truly not strong enough for that yet. It’ll definitely be a goal to get through one of those classes. Baby steps, or in this case, baby put your feet in straps hanging from the ceiling and pull your knees in while holding push up position swings.
Tomorrow is the start of a long weekend and I’ve meal planned and grocery shopped to have a nice, balanced, well rounded long weekend. I’m even trying to round up people to go to the gym with me. Hopefully someone will take me up on my plea and drag my sorry behind to the gym. Okay, 90 per cent of me hopes someone takes me up, 10 per cent says screw it, sleep in and enjoy your weekend. We’ll see how much my will power can shut the 10 per cent up!
No comments:
Post a Comment