Sunday, January 8, 2012

Victory is mine!

Hooray! I'm trying to not celebrate by having a treat but it's hard when you're so conditioned that victory = reward, reward = food. Four pounds is typical for the start of a new way of eating so I'm thinking 2 pounds is a good goal for next week. 

I got back on the elliptical this morning. I find it's easiest to watch a movie while going nowhere fast. TV is great to distract you but I find every commercial break I'm looking at the countdown on the machine telling me how much I have left. It's almost like that Thursday afternoon at work where you get back from lunch, get some work done and fee like you've accomplished so much and that it should be at least 3:30 but then realize it's only 1:45. I prefer to have something I can focus on until the machine beeps at me saying "good job Cat! You stuck it out that last 5 minutes without realizing it.

After I finished my exercising I made a giant batch of Arbonne protein bars so I'm hoping they'll help get me through the "rough spots" as they're SUPER tasty. They're made of oats, natural peanut butter (I use crunchy), honey (I use the creamy stuff), protein powder and fiber powder. I have to be sure that I don't eat too many of them since they're 4 points for 1/36 of the batch. 

The rest of my day included a quick grocery shop where I picked up a new scale. I might notice a slight change in my weight tracking since my old scale is about six years old. From what I read, the older the scale, the more likely they are to be a little out of whack. Mine is probably more than just a touch out since it's moved around so often and was used to measure concrete and other building materials during the bathroom reno. I just happened to be looking into them a few days ago and then *voila* end cap at Costco - scale with body fat calculations on sale!

I'm hoping week two will be just as successful as week one. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment