Monday, January 23, 2012

steady... STEADY...

No movement on the scale. I'm actually okay with that since my week of eating wasn't the best one ever. I used up ALL my points PLUS my bonus points. That's a lot of points which means I ate either a lot of too much of foods which are good for me or a lot of food that's bad for me. Let's go with the later. All signs point to the fact that I should have gained from the crap that I consumed.

Sunday started out right. New set of points for the week. An entire set of bonus points. I had an egg mcmuffin with no cheese before setting out to Windsor. Brunch was amazing and it was really hard to avoid the amazing spread. Again, started out well - eggs, ham, mini bagel, fruit. I had a celebratory mamosa (just a small one) but then... dessert. At first just a small piece of cake was the thought but then I had another (it was SO damned tasty). The way home I grabbed a Tim's BBQ chicken wrap and could have left it at that but then had a donut combo with it (a spitfires coloured donut no less).

On the way home I stopped for gas and sent Neil in to the store to get me a diet pepsi with lime. We pulled away and I opened the bottle to that sweet fizzy goodness and took a huge gulp. Turns out it wasn't diet and was a huge rush to sugar. Upside, didn't have the aspartame undertone. Downside, it tasted like real pepsi (yuck).

It was enough to put me over the top and feel like crap for the rest of the night and disrupt my sleep. I planned on waking up at a decent hour, hitting the elliptical but when I woke up at 5:30 annoyed at my body for not letting me sleep through until my alarm, I reset the alarm to the proper time.

Thankfully my day only got better from there. I stayed true to my plan of not buying anything from the cafeteria today (hooray for the bank account) and I stuck to my eating well (packed a bunch of snacks).

Tonight's dinner was my first attempt at a looneyspoons recipe. Fee Fie Faux Fried Chicken. Super tasy but next time I'll let the chicken thaw on it's own instead of trying to defrost the chicken myself. It was partially cooked in places before I dunked it in buttermilk, flour then buttermilk again follwed by smashed corn flakes with a ton of seasoning. Drizzle with a bit of melted butter and bake away.

I have a few more things to try in the book, well, more than a few. Neil said I should have just flagged the ones that I didn't want to make - it would have been easier. Stay tuned for feedback on the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment