Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Buffet? Don't mind if I do!

Today our department had a town hall at the Hilton. The usual semi-annual update, go team, good job, motivational moments happened but this time the reward for attending this meeting was a buffet lunch. My worry was my tendency to carbo-load at these things.

But today, I beat the buffet! I walked past the buns and stocked up on veggies (both raw and cooked), had a "healthy" sized portion of rice and a few pieces of chicken breast. I did go back for seconds but that was for more steamed veggies.

I know it's only been 9 days bur I'm incredibly proud of myself for sticking to this. I still have yummy little treats from time to time but I account for them so I don't feel deprived. I feel I've almost tackled the new eating routine. Next on the list is the exercise.

Starting next week, I see my trainer for a half hour every Tuesday and Thursday for upper body and core work until I'm done my study. I plan on doing some light cardio after, followed by a yoga class to hopefully stretch me out and work on my fascia issues. Maybe this time, my starting a new routine won't cause more harm than good.

It's no roller derby but it'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment