Saturday, July 2, 2011

A natural start

I know it’s been a week or so but I needed to re-think some things.

I went to see a new naturopath on Monday. It was an hour and a half of me trying to recall most of my medical history. I was going to go in and say nothing about my thyroid and see what he said from everything else but it’s come up many times from many other medical professionals so I thought I should share. He did say that when I sat down it was one of the first things he was going to ask me about. We’re going to order the full set of thyroid testing which no other doctor has done yet. I’ve only been tested for the first level of thyroid tests, and those have been done at least four times. No one has gone deeper so I’m glad someone is finally taking this seriously.

As for everything else, I’m on a light detox and a slight diet change with a protein powder to help me get my metabolism back on track. I’m still trying to adjust my diet. I haven’t been having any issues with breakfast, lunch or snacks, it’s dinner right now that is my problem. Since we got a new fridge today it’s prime time to chuck the bad and fill it with the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment