Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breaking out.

I had an embarrassing incident happen to me last night. I broke something. I don’t want to say what I broke by putting my weight on it but breaking something because of your size isn’t good, no matter what it is. I’m sure there were other factors involved but it still doesn’t hide the fact that I broke something. I might feel comfortable talking about it later but it’s too fresh right now, it’s one of the first things that has made me really upset in a long time.

It’s time to smarten up and suck it up. Whatever excuses I had before have to go. I have to schedule time for me to take care of making myself into the person who cares enough about themselves to improve their health.

On the upside, as Neil and I had gone back to Sears to buy the final decision we made on a fridge. Every time we would walk into an appliance store I’d eye up the kitchen aid stand mixers. I was so close to picking one up last Christmas but couldn’t justify it. I sigh and drool over them every time we see them. On our way out of Sears we stopped to look (again) and once again, I sighed and said that even on sale I couldn’t justify it. Neil looked at me and said that when I meet my 50lb goal (from today’s weight, which has been updated as my new start point in my stats) he’ll buy me one. So if shame isn’t enough to get me going then that certainly is!

This morning I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical and have been really good with my eating. I have a plan set up for next week for my eating and a rough plan for my exercise. I still have my little goals here and there but stand mixer - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment