Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recipe blues

I called the nutrition program yesterday and asked about getting a new binder because mine was on week five and it only has six weeks in it. They made me an appointment but then she called instead of me having to come in and see her. I had asked when I should come in to pick new foods for the next binder. She said that someone must have not explained it to me properly and that past week six I’m supposed to pull the recipes I want and rotate them around as I want. That’s not a problem for me but the shopping list doesn’t work for me anymore.

One of the big selling points for me was that there is a shopping list per week telling you what you need to buy for each week - no thinking involved. I wouldn’t have a problem with repeating weeks for a while if each week had some variety. Week one and two were the same set of recipes with one different recipe on the weekend. Weeks three and four were the same set, again, with one different recipe swapped in. Weeks five and six were different from each other and different from weeks 1-4.

I’m going to talk to the manager who was the person who originally had me set up on the program and see if I can have another book made with these recipes and maybe a few more. I was under the impression that the book would be done every six weeks so I didn’t necessarily choose all the recipes I wanted. I’m going to try it a few weeks on my own and see what comes of it since I received the kraft food’s magazine and there are so many recipes I want to try. I also picked up a book on grilling from better homes and gardens for 40% off. It has some amazing recipes in it but also has some incredible tips on how to grill to perfection. All I need now is some propane and I’m ready to be queen of the grill!

I’ve had a good week until yesterday. I was good up until about 2:30 when David suggested we go to Tim’s for camp day. Since I don’t drink coffee I thought I should make some sort of donation. I could have just given money (which I did) but I also picked up a honey cruller. Yummy! It’s been months since I’d had one and it was so light! Probably not on calories but it melted in my mouth. Since it was wing night I thought I’d attempt to be good and just have a thin crust pizza with half cheese. That didn’t last long. It’s really hard to walk into a place where 90% of the people are having wings and not order wings. I went for my new favourite - salt and pepper, no sauce. It’s like little mini KFC pieces. Since I was starving I decided to also order mozza sticks. Not my best move ever but damn were they tasty! I did pay for it later… tummy issues galore! I say I’ll remember it for next time but never do.

Today will be better. Even though I’m eating out twice today I’m sure I can find options that will be better for me. Tune in to find out if I was able to restrain myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment