Seeing how busy I’ve been for the past five weeks or so, I’ve decided to attempt to do nothing today. Most of the “busy” has been my fault but I’m trying to bank up some cash to pay for a new furnace as well as abuse the rest of my medical and dental benefits I have remaining to use up before July 1st when they roll over.
I’ll probably do a bit of clean out in the bedroom but other than that I’m planning on not leaving the house. The kitchen could use a good once-over too… we’ll see how that goes.
The thing I’m struggling with is how quickly weight comes back on for me. Food that “normal” people eat regularly and cause a very slow weight gain over time for me causes rapid gain. I’m obviously not a doctor but many doctors and natural based practitioners have questioned my thyroid. My mom had thyroid issues but every time I’ve had a blood test for it, nothing has showed up. There was an ultrasound issued by a family doctor covering for my regular one while she was on vacation but I can’t remember if I ever went for it. I seem to remember speaking to someone about the results but you think I’d remember someone putting the cold ultrasound gel on my neck and pushing around? I’m thinking of calling my doc’s office and ask if it was completed to help put that to rest.
I am going to be seeing a new naturopath next Monday. Hopefully we can start to root down a bit and see what my body is doing. This week is acupuncture, massage and trainer as well as my first weigh in in a few weeks. I’ll hopefully be back to the weight I was at three weeks ago by then. Failure isn’t an option - I need to do this for my health to ease up pressure on my degrading knees which will allow me to increase my fitness level back to where it was before my Achilles rupture. That’s one of my targets along with the weight loss. I’m feeling very lazy compared to what I used to be able to five years ago. I’m going to make a list and place it in a few places to remind me why I’m doing this massive life overhaul. Where’s Tommy Europe at? I need a last 50 pound boot camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment