Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Smoked by poutine

Today for breakfast I branched out and had a protein shake. Banana, almond milk, vanilla whey powder, natural peanut butter and sugar free chocolate sauce. mmmm good! The day was crazy busy at work and I had an atkins bar to hold me over until lunch, which had to be postponed to fit in a last minute meeting.

I'm glad they waited for me because we went to fantastic little joint called Smokes Poutinery to celebrate one of the lunch crew's birthday. I had a country chicken poutine for lunch. Oh. My. What a fantastic trip into gluttony - fries covered in cheese curd, gravy, chicken, bacon and sauteed mushrooms and onions. Such an incredible concept for a restaurant, such an incredible meal.

My stomach though, disagreed. From about half way through my meal my stomach started churning and yelling at me. I got back to the office and tucked in for a long afternoon of avoiding moving so I didn't speed up the digestion process. Unfortunately, that didn't help. I went upstairs to get ice for my water jug and had to bypass the staff room and head right to the fancy pants new washroom. I run in to the first stall and hear the washroom door open. Crap. They chose to shotgun me. Seriously, there are 10 stalls in that room and they picked the one next to me?! Gah. Four people come and go (another of which shotgunned me). I don't need to share the details, I just wanted to mention how some people have no respect for the rules.

I ended up not eating anything else for the rest of the day until I got home and finished up with a few men's cuts and took my bro to Costco. I ate a few gherkins and a pack of atkins peanut butter cups. It's probably best to help level me out from lunch.

I do find it strange how my brain decides that if near the end of the day I don't feel disgusting I somehow tell myself I've had a good day. I started thinking back on today thought "Hey, I've been good, maybe I can just grab something quick, easy and unhealthy" Maybe not quite those words but something close. Luckily tonight I listened to the voice and didn't eat the entire loaf of basil flatbread I picked up at Costco.

Tomorrow is boot camp number two. Hopefully I can move well enough tomorrow to move enough to hurt myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment