This morning I did the "steady burn" cardio requirement of the week's exercise since I didn't get up as early as I had hoped. Well, I did but then I started to read over the circuit plan the names of the exercises weren't exactly the best at describing what they're all about.
I ended up spending more time watching the videos than I had wanted and just said screw it and went down for some cardio. I'm going to finish watching them tomorrow morning and do the A.M. routine along with the core routine.
Work was lovely today - so much love and good vibes. I was told I actually had a glow about me!
When I got home I decided it was time to do my baseline test to establish where I am at. Push ups to a 40 BPM metronome app? Check. Plank, check. Agility jump quadrant thing, check. Endurance test... not so much. I was supposed to do three rounds and time it. 20 skater strides, 10 lunge jumps, 60 high knees and 10 burpees, emphasis on adding a squat on the up and the down motions. Oh. Boy.
I did two rounds and just quit. I was beat! Perhaps it had a little to do with the mini-me cookies I was eating all afternoon, maybe I'm just really, really out of my element.
I started to draft an email to Booty Quake to cancel my program. I got so far as to writing my name in the "from" area and stopped. I need to do this for me. I need to get strong again. I need to feel good about accomplishing something. I will keep trying and then when the 45 days are up, do the test again.
I want 5 more pushups, at least 2 min plank and to at least get through three rounds of the endurance test.
Eating is going to be key for the next few days to keep me from feeling like a lump on Saturday. Back to my normal eating routine and hope for a settled stomach (so I can stuff it full of yummy food Saturday night).
No comments:
Post a Comment