Thursday, May 7, 2015

Push up or shut up.

This morning was glorious. I woke up, made little signs for the cupcake table had a giant spinach, banana, strawberry, chia and flax seed shake, half of which I packed up for the road and headed out for my massage therapist's house. I had a lovely massage (well, not during, but the after effects of being able to move my neck) followed by an adjustment and a stress-free eyebrow wax. I scooted home, exfoliated and then got a spray tan on my way to pick up some final touch required crafty things from my parent's house.

I contemplated exercising but then decided to accompany my maid of honour to the mall to go shoe shopping instead. I got home, made dinner and did a few more wedding crafty things. When I was downstairs tidying up, Neil asked me if I did my exercises. Well, he didn't ask so much as he pantomimed some motions resembling exercise. When I said I hadn't it made me think back to my "everyone can find time" statement. I told him I was going to do it after we go out for appetizers.

In the back of my head I was all "oh crap, why did I say that?!" Being full o' nachos isn't the best time to be doing planks and pushups (and other exercises involving holding my core). I got home around 10:15, changed and started at it around 10:30. I turned on my little speaker for tunes because when I did my baseline test I was breathing quite heavily and it sort of freaked me out more that it was silent in the house with the exception of the very loud evidence of my out-of-shapeness.

Just over a half an hour later, I felt accomplished when I had finished three circuits and proceeded to plan out my exercise routine for the next two days.

Tomorrow's plan is a donut run to Exeter and then a pedicure with my mom. Somewhere in there I'll make cookies to bring in to the bake sale we're running at a teammate's office. My goal is to not eat more than one (I have to test them, right?) so we'll see how well that goes down - they're my friend's recipe and every time she makes them I want to eat them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment