Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pump up my jam!

So here we are. Less than a week to go to the wedding. I haven't blogged in over four months and I choose today to start? I know, strange but I feel I've let myself fall out of touch with a few things I really enjoyed doing.

I started to bring healthy food back into my life again but am teetering with too many "rewards" and "cheat days". I started going to the gym regularly but let a shoulder injury stop me going completely.

Could I blame it all on the wedding? Yes, but I'm not going to. Everyone has time in their day to look out for themselves. I say "I don't have time to go to the gym today", but I just have to watch these two episodes of Bones. I have to stop making excuses and just make time for me becoming a stronger, healthier human being. Do I want to live to be 100? Not really. Do I want to keep myself out of a wheelchair and able to take care of myself (and Neil) as long as possible? Most definitely.

I did something for myself this morning. I signed up for course from Roller Derby Athletics called "Pump up your Jam". A 45 day program to improve my overall game that starts tomorrow. In case you haven't noticed, derby has become a pretty huge part of my life and in turn, improving my health has become a nice side effect. I was recently added to our league's travel team and I don't want them to regret their decision.

I never had the goal of being a jammer, but during my first game I was tossed in to the position. I might not have got many points (two, to be ) but oh man did it feel SO good! Mind you being a blocker and hitting people is also pretty amazing. I want to be able to play any position at any time when needed so I need to be stronger, faster and more agile (that last one is going to be a tough one for me).

This might not make me be million dollar (wo)man but I'm aiming to at least be worth 500k by the end of the program.

Now that I've registered - back to some final wedding crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment