Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's lump! It's lump! It's lump... it might be dead.

Today was the day I finally had my appointment for having my skin tag under my arm removed. It was too large to freeze so I had my dermatologist set up an appointment to get rid of it. Not that it's for looks since no one ever sees it, it's a personal thing (and I'll get my moolah back from Neil's benefit company).

I went to work to get some extra time in to make up for the appointment then rolled over to the clinic. After donning the ever so sexy paper gown I waited (sort of) patiently. I took a look over at the tray and saw some industrial sized band-aids. When the doc came in she asked if I had any concerns. I replied "Yes, are those elastoplast?!" pointing and glaring at the offending parties. She said they were and proceeded to rummage around for non red itchy patch creating bandages.

She started making small talk and said I should lay down (without even offering to buy me dinner first - sheesh). I pulled my breast over and put my arm over my head. In went the freezing and about 30 seconds later she asked if I felt anything and when I replied negatory, she went in for the kill. I felt her slicing in a saw type motion twice, she dabbed and then said that there was no blood and we were done. A dab of poly, gauze and medical tape and I was good to go!

I felt great until just after lunch when the general burny/achy feeling started but no worries - my buddy had some tylenol with caffeine to come to my rescue! I had to laugh at myself between favouring my left arm a bit and not being able to put my right arm down completely I must have looked like one of those guys who lifted too much and can't put their arms down all the way. There was a point where I was trying not to move my upper arms at all but then Rach pointed out I looked like a T-Rex.

The rest of my afternoon was quite productive, progressing into the evening where I picked up some groceries and made some meat sauce to go with my teeny tiny spaghetti squash (they were about the size of my hand). I did a bunch of work on my friend's ad then met Neil at Sears Outlet to see about a new dishwasher. I'm hoping to get a good night sleep and not roll over onto my side and disturb the skin hole! Tomorrow's adventure - state side while eating out two meals. Might be tricky but I think I can doooo eeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment