Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ghee-licious

I thought I'd mix it up today and make another shake but added flax and chia seeds to give it some oomph. I was ready to go but then thought that I should add some protein so I cooked up some eggs in some of my fresh ghee I made on the weekend. There's something about some slightly burnt clarified butter that makes eggs taste SO good!

Once at work, I settled in but once I got up my abs and sides hurt like crazy! It's more than likely from the laps of being pushed or pulled by my fellow freshies (and trainers). I'm only assuming the legs are going to be on fire tomorrow - just in time for league practice.

Between the eggs and half the shake I was barely hungry at lunch. I had my meat lumps (I was corrected by Neil yesterday when I said he called them "pucks") with some spinach, tomato, peppers, cucumbers and some of my homemade dressing. I didn't even have my little container of cauliflower mash.

I went back to work and didn't feel the need to get my snack on until around 2:30 - even then all I had was the second half of my shake. I wrapped up my work day and then bundled up and trudged out to get an adjustment. Not surprisingly the office was quite dead but that's good news for me since I was in and out pretty quickly. As I was waiting for Neil to pick me up I snacked on some cucumber and played yet another losing hand of solitaire on my phone.

 After the long trek home I started cooking up some sauce while Neil did a test run of my new spiralizer!

He's so fast at it - he's blurry!
He had normal pasta and I sauteed up some of my "noodles" in another dollop of
ghee and then topped with some of my meaty veggie-licious sauce (my secret is to add balsamic vinegar near the end to give it a zing and a bit of sweet).

I had good intentions of doing some course work as I'm getting a wee bit behind but I'm getting better at power coding (or at least power reading about coding) but I got sucked into a little "Bones" binge. Maybe tomorrow after my post-derby rush I'll do a unit or two...

2 comments:

  1. OoO - how do you like your spiralizer? I was thinking of getting one myself, just so I could make salads I'd be proud to take as my lunch (when the weather improves). For now I'm taking homemade red pea soup for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I love it! It's only been two days though. Today was sweet tater and beets (but you'll read about it tonight). Ribbon cut veggies would look spectacular on a salad. It's been a good couple of days for soup! Good luck!

      Delete