Monday, January 12, 2015

Finally feeling relief

It took a week but the bloating and water retention has finally subsided. My pants are feeling better and I even wore a sweater I bought over a year ago and didn't feel like my belly was busting out.

I have to admit I stepped on the scale. I'm not sure why I felt the need to do it since I knew it might have been a bad-news-bears situation. Thankfully it was a good read out - I'm down 6lbs! That's mostly the whole initial water loss etc but I'll take it.

This morning was more of the same - eggs and a smoothie. Lunch today was half of the delicious parsnip waffle I made last night paired with some terrible, just able to choke it down meatloaf I made last night. I sipped the rest of my shake through the afternoon and then got a ride home so I could make it to Body Pump for 5pm.

My parents were lovely and cleaned my car off for me so I could get in the house, change and get on the road to get to class and secure a spot before the resolution group came in. I don't count myself as one since I've been to three of the last four Monday classes.

While en route I had some kielbasa, peppers, cucumbers, avocado and tomato to ensure I had some energy to get through class. My usual spot was available so I took it. People slowly started coming in and filled the room up just nicely (not too crowded which was good because, well, I was a tad gassy). I pumped my little heart out and came home with shaky arms and sore legs, which ended up being more shaky from having to turn around at my car once I remembered I left my shoes in the change room.

Dinner tonight was a recipe called "Big-O Burgers" from my nom nom paleo book. I cooked them up while my portabello mushroom caps were roasting in the oven. While the burgers were settling after cooking I made a green apple and fennel slaw/salad concoction. Once everything was ready I dug out my homemade bread and butter pickles which made everything feel complete.

I had a quick shower and then settled in to the couch for night of home improvement shows with my sick man. I'm not sure what my dinner plans are for tomorrow so I can hoover and run before derby. It might be breakfast for dinner but we'll see what I can come up with. I have a bunch of sides leftover but it's the mains that I need some work figuring out.

No comments:

Post a Comment