I had such crazy mood swings today - mostly up but I was pretty cranky come 4:30. I don't know why since that's the time I departed from work, looking similar to a sherpa about to go on a week-long excursion (I had a VERY full backpack). It was cold but not as biting as I thought it was going to be. When I got to Neil's car a train crossed every path possible to get to his work. It was a short one so I can't see that getting me too over the top cranked about that. Was is the NIN I was listing too most of the walk? Probably not. Ah well, derby got my mood back up (how could I not when wearing my new kitty bootie shorts?!)
![]() |
| Meoooow! |
I had my two muffnuts for breakfast (that sounds terrible but what do you call muffins that have a donut-like taste?) and then my left over chicken and "rice" with sprouts for lunch.
I got out of my weekly update meeting just after lunch and looked outside to see the sun was starting to come out. I took a nice long stare at the building across the street then started thinking about how close it was and that inside that building was candy. There's a wee little convenience store that has little bags for $1 that have various candies inside. I like to call those my "dime bags" as they're usually just little clear plastic bags tied up with a knot at the top and I tend to crave them like heroin (or so I believe after watching Trainspotting so many times).
There to save the day was my green apple and mixed nuts. I maybe had a few more of the nuts than I should have but if it was between those, the candy across the street and the tempting bites at the coffee cart, I'll take it.
Shortly after I took my water glass to get filled and passed through another teams' quad to get to the fountain. Somehow their treat bowl exploded with post Christmas chocolate purge items. There were a few chocolate oranges (yuck), some full sized chocolate bars, a box of fancy chocolates - none of which were that enticing to me - but then I spotted the birthday cake flavoured M&Ms... I stopped dead in my tracks to examine the light blue package. I thought about eating every last round candy-coated goody but then put it back. It's not worth it - right? It's not like I'm that invested in this whole eating plan. A restart would only put me back 36 hours. I grabbed my sippey cup and moved along, making a point to come back the other quad to avoid temptation.
Dinner was greek-style meat pucks (as Neil calls them - they're really flattened meatballs to make them cook a little faster) with a greek style salad and homemade lemon-herb dressing. I added some loaded cauliflower to get a few more veggie carbs into the mix. I had to hoover it since I wanted to be sure I had enough in me before practice.
I made it out and skated at about 80 per cent. My lungs were burning as were my legs. I was getting a bit dizzy here and there but I think it's just because I haven't worked out that hard in over two weeks. I will definitely feel everything tomorrow so if you see me bent over for a few steps after getting out of a chair, just assume it's because my muscles have seized up and just need to get the lactic acid moving.
Post-workout snack was a banana, 1tbsp cocoa (sadly not the hot chocolate kind), a dash of vanilla, almond milk and water all whipped up in my nutribullet. It actually wasn't terrible - which is what I said to Neil when I offered him a sip. I'd make a terrible sales-person!
I'm off to bed shortly - hopefully I can come down from my post-exercise buzz (and the two puffs of my inhaler I had to take).

No comments:
Post a Comment