I was scrambling around this morning so I could get into work early and forgot to put banana in my shake. I did realize it before I left the house but thought "Meh - how bad can it be"?
Bad.
It can be very, very bad.
One sip in, I thought I'd better just get it down - don't want to waste it. Better sense took over and I decided to pack it back in my cooler and fix it when I got home.
I left at lunch to have a massage at Fullarton. Walking in the lovely aroma of the food court hit me. It made me think of the days when Neil would meet me there for some fantastically bad for me chinese food. The massage was painful but successful in loosening up my sore neck. I thought for a few seconds about grabbing something on my way out but my brain kicked in and reminded me that I was over half way through my three week change and it is not worth it. Another success!
After work I battled through Costco and grabbed a veggie tray for our game night tomorrow. I got home, tidied up the kitchen and then made some pumpkin pancakes. I was surprised about how good they were (and they were made even better by putting bananas and vanilla coconut butter on them).
I surfed and tried to take a little nap before heading out to meet some friends at the BA Baracus show. I didn't bring any snacks but just hoped that they'd have at least one healthy thing on the menu. The place was packed so by the time the server got to us I really was getting hungry. I ordered a cheese omelet with a garden salad (instead of toast and home fries). Another success!
I was a bit sore from being smucked over and over last night so I called it a night so I could get some sleep before getting up to go to Body Pump tomorrow. I'm already starting to talk myself out of it, thinking that sleeping in tomorrow would be glorious. We'll see how I feel in seven hours...

No comments:
Post a Comment