I loved my lunch today - leftover hamburger with portableo mushroom caps with cauliflower mash on the side. For my afternoon snack I had leftover green apple and fennel salad which tasted so good after having time to marinate.
After chrio I drove home and threw some chicken thighs in the oven. I knew they wouldn't be done in time for me to eat them before I went to derby so I made myself a sweet potato with two eggs and had a few slugs of my leftover shake I didn't have throughout the day. I also spiralized and sauteed some zucchini so that Neil could have something soft but healthy to try to eat for dinner.
I changed into some layers (including my snazzy monster muffin shorts) and headed out to Belmont.
It was cold but we managed to warm the place up. Practice was full of off skate agility work, prone start drills, edging drills, crossover work, pushing and pulling a line of peeps and somewhere in the middle - a 27 in 5 (27 laps in 5 minutes to those of you not familiar).
I haven't completed a 27 in 5 since minimums in early November and prior to that I never completed it either. I came close but that made the victory even sweeter when I completed it at minimums. Body Pump has been helping me strengthen the bootay, quads and hammies so I feel I had a good shot. I don't like it when my counter tells me how many I have left but when we got the 30 second warning and she told me how close I was I just pushed through the burn AND DID IT! I actually let out a loud whoop to celebrate!
Practice went almost the entire three hours and boy did I feel it when I got home around 10:30. I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, washed what was left in the sink, took all the chicken off the bones, packed a lunch for Neil and portioned out my almond butter snacks (supposed to be cups but I made them into a giant square).
Neil sounded miserable - I haven't seen him this sick since last February - so I asked him if I could get anything for him. He originally said no but then we realized how much better he might feel if he had some vapo-rub. I rolled out to shoppers and picked him up some day-quill, mentho drops and vapo-rub and some ketchup doritos for when he feels better. The hardest part of getting trip was that the day-quill was on the bottom shelf. Oh the burn from squatting down to look at the different types! I finally got home around 11:40, hopped in the shower and helped Neil make the bed. I'm down on the couch in order to try to get a solid night's sleep since his coughing is so bad.
Tomorrow is going to be the first wing night since I started eating better. I'm hoping I can find something better for me on the menu but we're going to the Oar House so I'm thinking that's not going to be likely.

No comments:
Post a Comment