Today I finally received my Performance Appraisal (PA). Usually, I'm incredibly nervous all day until the meeting happens. Today, no stress at all! I went in confident and ready to hear feedback to make me a better worker bee.
Everything else went quite smooth at work. We (my fellow tech graphic team peeps) planed a presentation and I solved a bunch of little problems with projects. Great day followed by a great adjustment! Dinner was sausages, broccoli and brussels sprouts (I squeezed in a haircut while everything was cooking). Can't say I loved the sausages but they were better than a kick in the teeth.
League practice departure time loomed and I basically threw on whatever I found close at hand - nothing matched but I did grab some fun socks to wear and keep my tootsies warm.
![]() |
| I call the grey one Marshal Pussyfoot the Third |
We ran a few drills and one point in practice I was actually chosen to demonstrate because I was doing it well. I'd be lying if I said that didn't fluff up my feathers a bit. We ran some more drills and then did some scrimmaging. It's such a rush hearing that whistle blow and having a jammer come running full tilt at you. It was my second time scrimmaging but I was feeling more confident moving around in the pack.
I didn't drink much at practice - for some reason water can make me feel a bit queasy when I'm being sporty. I used to add crystal light to it but I'm really trying to be good about artificial sweeteners. I started craving a McD's iced tea about 20 minutes before the end practice. I started thinking it wouldn't kill me but I talked myself out of it.
I went home down Westminster and when I turned onto Wellington and saw the florescent white glow from the roof of the McD's by the highway. I was so close to passing Dingman and through the golden arches (okay maybe not through, that might have got me in a touch of trouble) but I resisted and turned towards home.
Snack after I got home was an egg and half an avocado, only because I couldn't get my tablet to load my banana "ice cream" recipe. I was so good but I can't help but feel ripped off due to the pit to avocado ratio...
I'm still having trouble winding down after derby and falling to sleep at a good time. I'll do a bit of work on that ad for my friend's shop then hit they hay. Tomorrow - more derby! Let's see if my legs hold up...


No comments:
Post a Comment