I figured it out and last year on this weekend I attended my first fresh meat clinic with FCDG!
The reason why I say that is sort of my derby-versary is because two practices after that clinic I fell and broke my elbow (well, radial head fracture to be exact). That laid me out for a a good few months before I was able to skate again but I returned mid-June, slowly working my way up to passing minimums and then injuring myself again. I had some time over the holidays to heal up and get my body and brain together to focus on trying to get out of my current freshie/league limbo and get in to full league mode.
To celebrate I did nothing on skates!
Saturday I woke up too late to make it to my favourite Body Pump class so I just decided to do cardio downstairs. 45 minutes of 2 min on / 1 min off intervals meant I finally got to finish watching Hackers then moved into some Clone High. There was a nice outline of the Hackers movie case in dust which might tell you the last time I did cardio downstairs.
Mom and I went to the bridal show for the afternoon (we hadn't really done any thing wedding-y since she was still living in Newfoundland when I did most of my planning stuff). She took a sugar hit for me and taste tested the cupcake samples. I dropped her off, came home, made dinner (eggs and an incredible "loaded" baked sweet potato with cheese and homemade quac) and then made my way to game night at my friends' house. We played a game I'd never played before called Jamaica - I really liked it and it had nothing to do with the fact that one of the characters looked like a pivot.
Today I slept in again (I almost got a full eight hours wuh hoo!) despite plans to attend a pump class. I just did 100 squats and figured that was enough and proceeded to make eggs and bacon for breakie. I did a bunch of laundry, made a flower, did some dishes and ran some errands on my way to visit an old friend. I ran a few more errands, made some fantastic chicken nuggets (marinating the chicken in pickle juice first made it SO juicy!) then hung out with my big bro playing video games for a few hours. After tossing a few ideas around for a new ad for my friend, I decided to write a quick post here so I don't get out of the habit of posting. I'm hoping to get another good night sleep - the new derby schedule is going to be tough (five hours of practice in a 26 hour time span)!
No comments:
Post a Comment