I woke up in a panic because the dream I had was that 16 people showed up to the wedding, only one member of the wedding party was there and we had no officiant or DJ. Sheesh! Not the way I wanted to be woken up.
I drove to work again in case Neil made it into work and had to leave early. I worked some extra time since I'm getting a massage at lunch tomorrow and I figured it'd be better to work a little today and a little tomorrow instead of staying really late after a nice (read painful) massage.
Walking in to my workspace I encountered one of my favourite candies in the junk food bowl hosted by the cube over. You can see in this photo the last cube has CAT listed on it. All I had to do was avoid the candy and make it about 25 feet. I actually stopped, stared and it, sighed and moved on. I don't think I even wanted it, I was just thinking back on the memories.
Eggs and shake for breakfast again but for lunch I only ended up with chicken because I forgot my apple and fennel salad. I knew my lunch bag seemed a little light but thankfully we have a cafeteria where I picked up some steamed broccoli and carrots to make my meal complete. I made sure to pack some extra protein (kielbasa) and a half avocado to go with my afternoon veggies so I'd have enough energy for derby.
Had a good crackin' and then came home to make some more Big O' burgers just in time for my first client showed up then made a parsnip waffle for my side between him and the next one and ate some after he left (with his super cute daughter in tow). My house smells sort of like a diner now but I'm okay with that.
I changed for derby and started out for Belmont. I decided to take one of the side roads because it seemed to be a nice night. There were so many drifts I'm thankful that no one came at me or was driving behind me until the last few hundred feet until I hit 74.
I had a few butterflies tonight as it was only my third league practice. First practice, asthma attack. Second one fell so hard five minutes in it shot up my spine and ended up making me unable to turn my head properly for a while, so between Dallas and healing up from my fall I haven't really done any scrimmage (or spent much time playing with the big kids).
Pulling in and seeing the barn just kicked those butterflies out. I got my skates on (with my gloves underneath my wrist guards) and just jumped right in. Drills, drills and drills! I loved it! I'm already so sore but it was worth it. I'm only going to learn by jumping in and asking questions. Everyone is so helpful - they offer feedback immediately and are so encouraging.
Came home and made a banana, spinach, chia and flax seed smoothie to hopefully keep me full until breakfast. Hopefully I can sleep tonight - I have no idea how to wind down after practice but I'm sure that's another thing that will come in time.

No comments:
Post a Comment