Lunch was at Wendy's with my dad. I resisted the urge to grab a burger and a baked tater and had their grilled Asian chicken salad with a bottle of water. Sure, there was probably sugar in the dressing and the spicy cashews probably did as well but one thing I want to be sure I do is make this new eating style functional for normal life. Don't punish myself for small slips but make sure the slips don't turn into giant downward spirals.
While waiting to pick up my "patients" from their respective appointments I went to Masonville to see if they had any stores that had some sort of wedding band option for me. My preferred entrance is back by Target but what I forgot is that there's a Cinnabon right at the entrance to greet my olfactory glands. I want to stay "I barely noticed it and walked on by" but really, it was very hard to resist. As I lapped the mall I ended up near the movie theatre and the popcorny goodness inside. I did manage to walk on by both temptations and completed my shopping mission. No ring but I did get some cute shoes for work (to add to my shoe pyramid under my desk). I rewarded myself by eating my two emergency purse muffnuts I had on hand.
Neil had requested a hot and ready pizza for his first meal after not eating solid food for almost 48 hours so off I went to Little Caesars to grab one. My secret in the winter to keeping it hot is to put the car's heat on to feet only and crank it. Holy crap was that a terrible idea as all it did was fill my car with the glorious smell of pizza. It was a the longest five minute drive home.
Dinner out was at Q'doba for my bi-weekly catch up with my friend. I was there before her so I kept looking over the board for the best option. I love pretty much everything there so it was so hard to not get my usual "craft 2" with two tacos and a quesadilla. I opted for the naked chicken taco salad with tons of salsa and beans on top. I even avoided their magical pop machine that lets you make your own drink.
All in all, a good day.
Saturday was mainly an errand and derby day. I stocked up the fridge and threw some blond panels in my hair to mix it up a bit (and to prep for when I put in the purple). I managed to make it to the gym in the morning only to find the Body Pump class completely full. I should have expected it but it still threw me off my game plan. I ended up doing some upper body weights and then the inner and outer thigh machine. If I had thought ahead I wouldn't have done any legs since derby (as a non skating official (NSO)) involves standing, walking in an oval and running back and forth to the other NSOs who have questions or need help between jams to we don't delay the game. All said and done I was on my feet (on concrete) for about five hours. I only sat down at half time between games to swap out the clipboards and to go pee. I'm really, really feeling it today. I think I'll do some cardio at some point today to loosen things up and make sure I'm ready for Body Pump tomorrow night (if I can get there early enough to get a spot).
I'm now on day seven of 21. I just finished breakfast and will be meal planning and prepping as much as I can today while mixing in a visit with an old friend and watching the globes. Oh yeah - and getting caught up on course work (which is what I was supposed to be doing while I was writing this).
![]() |
| Mmmm... Spinach smoothie and an egg! |

No comments:
Post a Comment