Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ouch

Well, there goes my new years resolution. I've gone done injured myself again. Nothing huge but it did hurt a bit more than I was comfortable with.

We started doing toe stop running drills and I slipped and fell back on my left side. Not too big of a spill but I definitely felt the tush. I did a lap or two more and then fell the same way, at pretty much the exact same spot on the track. I went down and fell on my elbow. Durrrr. It definitely sent a shock up my back but the biggest thing I felt was my elbow starting to go all weird. I got off the track and tried to compose my self but the tears welled up.

Torque was lovely and came to my rescue and helped me even out my breathing (and reminded me to breathe when I started holding my breath for some reason). I got up and skated it off and tried some slow toe stop work after I did some regular skating to loosen up. I was pretty proud of how long I hung in there. I tapped out just over two hours into practice but I had to because the throbbing became too much.

I headed for home and my gas light came on. Gah! Not a huge deal but I have to drive tomorrow and didn't really want to get up early to fill up so I stopped at Loblaws and put a few bucks worth in the tank. After I put the nozzle in I turned back to hit the button to start it up and my back just freaked out. I started to laugh - maybe to release some much needed endorphins but ouch!

I made it home, propped myself up on the couch with my magic bag wrapped around my elbow and gargled a water and hydrogen peroxide combo to try to kill whatever is brewing in my throat. I was pretty happy I haven't been sick, even with Neil being so sick over the past week.

Tomorrow I'm getting a mole/skin tag removed from around my armpit. I'm not freaking out about it but I can't say I'm comfortable with how she said she was going to remove it. It's not small enough to freeze off so she said they have to slice layers off it. I'm picturing my dermatologist with a potato peeler working away on my skin. The best part is that I'm going back to work after... we'll see how long I hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment