I barely slept last night. Ugh. I contorted myself to sleep on the "L" of our sectional sofa, slowly pushing myself away from the arm throughout the night, every time I woke up due to Neil's coughing fits from a floor away.
I made up a quick quacamole and veggie snack, my usual eggs and shake and packed up my cooler bag for the day. I went in a bit early so I could leave in time to make it to Body Pump. I found one of the few last spots in the "cheap" lot on Queen and then hustled into work.
For some reason, I prefer classes at the Colonel Tablot and Southdale location, however, they're earlier than the Southdale and Wellington one so I have to go further, sooner. I bundled up and rolled out at 4:15, squinting as I exited due to the glorious sunshine which has appeared!
While en route to the gym I had the heat up to get me nice and toasty (and to warm up my runners which had been in my car all day). Right around Wonderland I started to feel really tired - almost to the point where my eye lids started to feel very heavy. I started to talk myself out of class despite all my planning. I actually had myself convinced that I could turn around one street prior to the entrance to the plaza the gym is in. Despite my inner lazy Cat's voice I found a spot and made it inside. I loaded up my bar and got ready to go.
I upped my chest weight and back weight but dropped my bicep weight down a bit. My elbow on Monday was starting to feel a bit warm through class so I didn't want to push it. The leg track was crazy hard but I made it, praying that derby on Thursday wouldn't be harder than usual on my stems.
After a quick stop home to change I made it to the Oar House right on time. I took a look at the menu and was disappointed. The best thing I could come up with was a burger and salad but the Wednesday deal burger required a beverage purchase (which I don't qualify for since I'm still not drinking pop and now not drinking iced tea either). I ended up splitting nachos with Rach (with vegetarian chili on it as the "meat").
It was good but man - I feel terrible. My belly feels a bit hard and my mouth feels a bit puffy. I'm hoping it won't last too long. In retrospect I could have asked for a menu from McInnis landing which the Oar House is attached. Then I started thinking I could have just ordered a tea - it's probably not what they mean but they're not specific as to what kind of beverage! Upon further reflection, I could have just asked for a bowl of the chili... Ah well, lesson learned to try to start thinking outside the menu.
I showered when I got home and when I went down to diffuse my hair I sat on the edge of my chair to flip my head over. Holy crap did that hurt my hamstrings! I found the perfect pain to stability ratio and finished up my 'do. I'm hoping it's not a sign of what's to come tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment