Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A deadlift a day…

It’s amazing what starting your day with exercise can do. I know it was just lifting with my trainer but I felt a little more zest, a slightly higher skip in my step today.

I just beat the storm in to work but got in just in time to see the creepy dark sky move in. I made it through the work day with no big hiccups in the diet. Dinner, however, was another story. After another great physio session I met up with Neil, Thomas and his bro for wing night. I couldn’t help myself so I had 8 salt and pepper wings and a small order of fries. I could have done without the fries but man, were they good! I was proud of myself for NOT ordering the fresh made mini donuts or the Bacardi and bacon caramel popcorn. For that matter I’m really proud of myself for not having the combo dessert platter that has mini donuts, the caramel corn with two “shots” of raspberry cheesecake.

I am regretting the dinner decision though. I didn’t take any digestive enzymes before hand and I’m definitely paying the price now. I’m not sure if it’s the wings in general or if its specifically the taters. Some serious churning going on so I’m going to head to bed and hopefully this will all settle down.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to get up and do some cardio before work so I don’t feel so bad if I have an appetizer or two tomorrow night. I’m seeing my trainer again Friday morning so I could just use that as a redemption for the night before. We’ll see how I justify it tomorrow. Seeing that it’s just after 11:30pm, the cardio might not be top of my list at 6am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment