I had such a great day today, even with the crazy start. I was waiting for my trainer at 6:30am on the dot. One of the other trainers walked by and said my trainer was already with a client. I wrote down Tuesday / Thursday, she had me for Wednesday / Friday. No worries, I had to get into work anyway. I arrived at 7am so I could get some work done before having to leave for my last laser treatment.
Off I went at 7:45 to get there for 8am. 45 minutes (and 216 bucks worth) of deep root cleaning followed by laser therapy on any of the tissue that still looked like it was inflamed. The bonus is that she knows I’m super sensitive so she uses a topical anesthetic on the areas before she does her thing.
I managed to get into my car just at the start of the rain and got out of it again downtown just after the crazy part of the storm had passed. Back at work in great time!
I had made a chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake to have after the dentist, grabbed some corned beef and cabbage soup with fruit for dessert for lunch, a late afternoon shake (berry / banana arthurs smoothie with protein powder added) before HEADING TO THE GYM! Sorry for the caps, I was just so proud of myself! Sabrina met me for some upper body weights and a few core moves at the end.
Before I ran out the door I put in some chicken tornados or whatever they’re called with some broccoli and basmati rice. Neil was on tap to take them out of the oven and successfully did so without burning the food or himself. All said and done, a successful dinner experience once I finally got home to have some.
My next adventure was to make some quick meals for my friend and her family. I decided mac and cheese was the way to go. I made an incredibly cheesy mac and cheese and portioned it out for easy re-heating. I was very proud of myself for only tasting a few noodles to make sure it didn't taste horrible. Old Cat would have eaten and entire portion to “taste test” it so New Cat wins out - for now.
Tomorrow is wing night. The Palasad is closing for some massive renovations on the 15th so this is our last wing night until they re-open. I’m thinking I’ll indulge in some salt and pepper chicken wings (not as bad as the saucy ones) and possibly a small side of fresh cut fries. And maaaaybe and order of their fresh mini donuts with powdered sugar. Hmm… this appears to be a slippery slope… I’ll see if I can dig in my heels to keep from hitting bottom.

No comments:
Post a Comment