Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yeah, that part about the summer cold…

… I was lied to by my body. I woke up this morning (if you can categorize what I did last night as sleeping) and was full of grossness. I couldn’t breathe, I was coughing up stuff eewww… Needless to say I bailed on the morning gym class (much to Sabrina’s relief, I’m sure) and slept a bit longer, taking a portion of the morning off from work. I did manage to haul my behind in, although it was probably not my best idea ever. I had a bit of a fever thing going on around 12:30 (that was a new symptom) and the miserable throat mess just kept getting worse the more I spoke. I did manage to regain my voice from yesterday but as Neil pointed out, it’s a few pitches off from what it should be.

I did manage to keep eating well enough. A PB and nana shake for breakfast, roasted red pepper soup at work (it was really light tasting with a vegetable soup base), a few strawberries and some pineapple pieces, snap peas, a small chicken breast and some rice. The only snafu was when Sarah (our team admin) put an email out saying there were leftover treats by her desk. I stared at the cookie, squares, muffins, tarts, sandwiches, salad an regular ruffles chips (my favourite kind!!). One has to move fast in the LL jungle when there is free food around as there are other cube dwellers ready to pounce. I decided I’d have a handful of chips and be on my way. I didn’t feel nearly as bad about my decision as I could have. I also had a small piece of the banana bread I made on my way out the door but what’s life without a little bit of sugar?

I met up with some friends for dinner and a show. I was little worried about going to Ben Than because I normally like the delicious carb filled chicken vermicelli bowl and some tasty deep fried spring rolls. I decided to try to keep it light this time and had the chicken satay skewers and the rolls that have avocado, cucumber, noodles and bean sprouts (603 I believe). It was a very reasonable dinner health wise and kept me full for while I was at Legally Blond: The musical. It was great fun and I had enjoyed cheering on some great guys (way to go Andrew and Matt)!

I think I’m just going to take it easy for the rest of the week and let my body chill. If I get on my elliptical, great. If I make it to the gym, even better. I just have to keep an eye on what I eat and I’ll be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment