I was really jet lagged when I got back and had very few waking moments after work to write so here’s one update of the last week of my life.
The trip home was crazy but we survived. 200 euros spent at the Rome airport shopping, 10 1/2 hours in the air, 2 planes, 1 long line through customs and we were back in the land of the true north strong and free. I was so hungry I didn’t care what I ate so we stopped at McD’s for chicken nuggets and fries. Did it open a door back into the junk food mentality, maybe, but man - they tasted so good!
Monday was super lazy - I woke up at noon and Neil and I just hung out and ordered in Chinese. Yet another treat but I really didn’t feel like cooking. Battered orange chicken, beef and veggies and a side of noodles. I started drifting to sleep around 8, finally going to bed at 10.
Tuesday I was up at 4:30 but forced myself to go back to sleep. It worked for a little bit but then I was up at 6. Work was good, then I hit the wall around 6pm. I was in a daze and bailed on volleyball once I knew there were enough people to not be short if I didn’t go. I came home and fell asleep around 9.
Wednesday, again, normal day at work except I took 10 minutes to let Halloween explode in my cube. We went out to lunch and again, I was drawn towards the Chinese food. I had bad things for me again but I thought I was fine because I didn’t gain any weight on vacation. I can’t keep justifying it so that’s going to have to stop. Neil and I went to get groceries since we barely had anything in the house from Neil’s last grocery shop while I was away. While we were out, I noticed my throat was getting sore. Little did I know it was only the beginning. Dun dun dunnnn....
Thursday I woke up with a super horrible cold. My back and legs hurt, my throat hurt, my ears were plugged, I had that goo down between my nose and throat and a mild fever. I had no appetite either. I slept most of the day and felt a bit better come the end of the day. Neil took me to shoppers to grab some meds and I went to bed shortly after.
Friday I tried to function as normal. I woke up, showered, dressed and went to work. I felt great until around 8:15 then I just started shut down again. I lasted until 9 then left work. I grabbed a smoothie from starbucks on the way home and got an extra scoop of protein powder added to try to get me to function better since I hadn’t eaten very much the day before. When I woke up from my nap I cooked an entire head of broccoli and munched on it for the afternoon. I had soup and some meatballs from the spaghetti sauce from Neil’s dinner and after a few hours went to bed again.
Who knows what today will hold but I’m going to take it easy. I still have a ton of congestion and I feel like my body is covered in a giant bruise. I made a chocolate banana peanut butter shake for breakfast because I knew I had to have a good start to my day. I plan on resting right through until I go to Toronto to pick up my brother from the airport, which is actually really restful for me since I love driving.
The biggest thing from being sick is that I’ve lost weight. Not the best way to do it but I’m happy it happened. We’ll see if it sticks when I go back to eating regularly again. I also need a new goal. It's true that I have two dresses to fit into (I bought another one at the Rome airport) but I need something to work towards.
No comments:
Post a Comment