I haven't weighed myself in almost two days and I'm not sure if I like that or not. I've been really good with my eating and we're walking everywhere but i can't help but wonder if I've been gaining. On the up side, the "skinny" clothes I've been wearing here have looked fabulous on me (if I do say so myself).
Today's adventure started at 8am. I rolled out of bed, fluffed my hair and walked down the hill to the village (where I posted from yesterday). I returned to the villa, grabbed an atkins bar and got changed into my sundress and got into the merc to find Carmen's villa. Oh. My. Lord. What an adventure! We tried to navigate through an old Italian village with a Google map with the route labeled with major routes only.
We went past the village, went past it again the other way, went up the hill before we had to, then back down the hill then up the next hill and on the way back down we hit a road that we thought was the wrong one, Amber spotted some of Carmen's relatives then I noticed a few "tony" look alikes moving down the road. We had got there just in time! Carmen said that they couldn't wait any longer and they were loading up to ship out. After a crazy ride down to the port (the road was built into a cliff so there were 180 degree turns involved) we boarded our tour boats (4 in total).
My crew was mostly tony's relatives and Lisa. We had the best time with our guide going alongside the coast then over for a loop around Capri and the grottos. Breathtaking would be the best way to describe it. Once we passed through a cropping of rocks, which we sailed through, we stopped for a swim. I didn't come prepared for it again (on purpose) so I hung out on the boat with the guys. I went down under the deck to use the loo and there was something about the motion of the bob which just set me off. Maybe it was the posseco and beer I had earlier, the lack of food or what but I felt so ill. The guide was fantastic and tried to help by putting fresh water on my feet and hands, and told me to splash my face and neck.
When that didn't exactly work he asked I'd he could spray the hose on my face. At that point, anything to stop the nausea was worth it. After agreeing, he proceeded to hose me off. I was soaked! I'm sure anyone overlooking this activity would've been sure it was an opening sequence to an adult film but i didn't care - it felt really refreshing. I recovered well enough but didn't eat lunch. Thankfully when we went to the grande port in Capri there were so many snack spots i was able to eat (after paying 50 cents to use the loo).
I ordered a salad with bococcini and a water and felt fantastic after. Well rested and nourished, we got back on the boat and motored home. Dinner was at a local sport patio thing. I had an omelette with salad greens and a coke zero the others had pizza, capreese salad and pasta. Everyone had good things to say except the pasta. It was boxed pasta with the wrong sauce according to our resident chef. The service wasn't the best either. Ah well, everything can't be perfect, right? I ordered an omelette to take home for breakfast tomorrow so I would be fully nourished for our shopping adventure to the centre of town.
The night finished with a shower to get the salt off and some water on the patio with my house mates and our other friends from London we discovered were here unexpectedly (a happy surprise to me). I'm really looking forward to our authentic pizza dinner tomorrow at the family villa. I'm going to take it slow but I'm definitely going to have at least one slice to test the wheat waters before the reception.
No comments:
Post a Comment