Friday, October 5, 2012

Day seven -out and about

First off a few things.

1. I haven't watched tv out side of the soccer games that are in the restaurants we're in and I'm not really missing it.
2. The mosquitoes are ridiculous. After bite is my good friend.
3. The siesta method of living should be adopted back home. Except that it doesn't seem to make people more relaxed...
4. I love small cars, miss my old one and will probably buy a compact car next time I'm looking for one. That or I'm buying a scooter.
5. They're really good with their waste management system here. They have separate pick ups for cardboard, plastic and glass, organic matter and waste. There's a different one every day so there's not much kicking around the house. 3x a week pick up for organic.

Today was breakfast at home with a little Rome planning, followed by a trip to the local to check email and such. I broke down and had a donut. It was good, but nothing spectacular.

The girls went a little more on the splurge side and had these:

We ventured back to the centre of town. I couldn't get a dress out of my head that i tried on in positano. I saw it again last night in the alley shop, woke up this morning thinking about it so i decided i had to have it. I went with the ladies to town before they went to the wedding villa and did a beeline to the store. It was there, so i bought it a size down since i probably won't be wearing it until the spring. It was 120 euro but i just love it so much! The ladies went on to the pool but i stayed in town to do a little more sightseeing. I bought the chocolate liquor made around here and a spoon rest for the kitchen.

I went back to the place we stumbled across last night and had sorbet (limoncello and forest berry) and dark chocolate gelato. Incredibly awesome on a hot sunny afternoon. I left the alleys and decided to try for wifi in the centre of town. I pulled out the tablet and tried to connect using the details from the other night. It failed then the i tried again, my tablet froze. I tried holding the power button, nothing happened. I tried few combo buttons, nothing. I gave up and started the 3k trek home, trying here and there to reboot it.

I got home and whined at Gord. He took a look at it and sure enough when he held the power button down, it rebooted. We made our way down to the local so i could book Lisa and i for our shuttles tomorrow into Rome. I'm heading back to the villa now so we can clean up before dinner and pack the last of my things so we can roll out tomorrow at 7:30. I do love it here but I'm starting to miss my peeps back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment