This is our view...
Day three Today was an adventure in downtown Sorrento. I spent a large portion of an hour trying figure out how to copy and paste from word into my blog. When that didn't work, I gave up and posted to Facebook. We had breakfast/lunch at a huge cafe in the centre. There we're so many options including gluten free pasta but i decided to go with the meat platter. Large portions of chicken, veal, pork and beef. Basically, I had a platter of meat with a side salad. I had to get Gord to help me finish.
Afterwards we we're getting close to siesta time so i ended up going with the boys to get groceries. It was so much fun looking at the local delicacies including a giant jar of nutella! We then stopped in at a little shop where I got some souvenirs and started to head to the car. We stopped again at a local fruit stand to get some healthy stuff. I was in heaven and picked up tomato, grapes, peppers, apples, pears, white nectarines and oranges. We got back and waited for the other ladies to join us.
We cleaned up and headed over to the wedding villa for the pizza party. It was set up so nicely for mingling and eating. They started us with a garlic bread and caprese salad when we finally settled down, the pizza started coming. First, cheese. Second, sausage. Third, something I'd call bruschetta with arugala and cheese on top. I had taken two small pieces of the garlic bread before dinner and at the meal, ate the equivalent of one slice of crust. Otherwise, i was scraping the topping off and just eating that. The tiramisu followed closely after. We stayed quite a while then rolled home around 11:30. My stomach had words with me but i won in the end - only a little cramping.
I slept pretty well except for some dream involving Carmens wedding party trippling in size and woke up in a panic
Day four - the wedding day. It was so much fun and whirled by. Did the hair, everyone looked wonderful. The view was ridiculous. I'll post more about it when i get home because the pictures say more than i can ever type.
Day five - mount vesuvius and pompeii. We spent the entire day there! We hired a guide to take us around pompeii for a few hours then had lunch in the main square. We took a trolley then a jeep up to 1k from the summit then hiked up to the crater. Stunning views all the way up, around and down. I navigated us (2 cars) to and from Sorrento like a champ. Again, I'll post more later as the photos are more than i can say about it. We're doing dinner at that little hole in the wall again.
Who knows what tomorrow has in store but I'm going to try to post somewhere near the end of my day.

No comments:
Post a Comment