I’m doing really well with my eating and my exercising so when Neil suggested we go to Old Navy because he had a coupon I figured why not, I’ll just go with him and give my opinion when asked.
I saw my trainer after work then we went to dinner with my brother and sister in law at Jack Astors. I was able to avoid the pan bread but was unable to resist the fresh chicken fingers. I got the side salad and Neil and I shared the summer rolls.
We went to crappy tire after to pick up a wet tile saw because it was crazy on sale and on my wandering though the aisles I found a ceramic frying pan. True, it was $30 but none of my frying pans have been that great lately. I have one that buckles when you put heat under it, and none of them are oven safe. I bit the bullet and picked it up (at what I consider a steal - it was normally $89).
We then made our way to the glowing beacon of cheap clothing. I followed Neil around the men’s side and then suggested we take a wander to the ladies wing. I was hoping to find some long yoga pants but of course, just past that section of the store were the cheap tees. On my way to the change room I noticed a long sleeved tee shirt dress.
I tried on the first shirt. Hmmm… not bad. Even horizontal stripes didn’t ruin my “wow, I feel really good about my body” mood I was in. I put on the dress and I was happy again with how I looked. It could have been the fancy lights and mirrors but I decided I was taking it home with me. I was able to hold off getting a few of the other things I had looked at but still ended up with three $5 tees and the dress.
I’m back down to a weight lower than I dipped to when I got sick. I’m about 1.5 lbs away from where I was when Neil and I started dating. I’m 3lbs away from being able to go to five guys and have a burger with those tasty fresh cut fries. Mmm…
I’ve been trying to figure out my next goal but then realized there’s just over two months left in the year. My goal is clearly set out in the name of my blog and it’s been overlooked with the short term goals I’d set for myself.
I’m currently 13.8lbs away from hitting that! That translates to just over 72% of my goal achieved in 83% of the year. I’m going to have to work hard and stay focused but I can’t wait to start the new year having achieved one of my most ambitious goals to date at this point in my life.
I am so very proud of you Cat! The short-term goals are great and you are really nailing them. You are doing an incredible job of working towards your long-term goal in a healthy, realistic(and perhaps most importantly?) sustainable manner. You've got two months to go and I have no doubt you will continue to have more successes in the remaining 17% of the year.
ReplyDelete