Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Posting from the sidelines

I know I've been slacking on the posting lately. I've been slowly recovering from my cold but been keeping up with mostly good eating. We went out for belated thanksgiving on Saturday to swiss chalet. I felt the need have a big meal since i finally had an appetite. I had ribs, chicken fires and a bun it was worth the bloating and mild stomach pain i had two hours later.

Sunday was quiet including the trip to Toronto to pick up my brother. I have to confess that for lunch before i left, i bought a bag of life brand jube jubes. I ate every one which wasn't red - i don't enjoy the red ones. Possibly because I've been psychologically conditioned not to eat them since my mom was told not to feed them to me because they made me hyper. <shakes fist> CURSE YOU red dye number five!

Monday was uneventful but i wrapped up my work day with a trip to the gym to lift with my friend. Followed by a wicked sausage stir fry. Tuesday i saw my trainer who kicked my ass, arms, abs and more.

Today i ate really well with the exception of a really small bag of m&ms which were calling to me from the drawer where they were living since i bought them home from Rome. It took me all day to pump myself up to going but i managed to join the body pump class. I was still burning from my training session but i pushed through. It burned on the chest and tricep portion of the class but i held back the laughter which usually leaks out when I'm in large amounts of pain. I had a quick meal of leftover stirfry and scooted out the door with Neil to take in his fresh meat practice. It's still a goal of mine to get in good enough shape to get medical clearance to play so i thought I'd watch to support him from the side lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment