I mixed up the package as per directions, using swiss cheese for a mild taste (and because that's the only kind I had in the fridge). I tossed it in the oven for about 25 min and let it cool before slicing in half and using as a burger bun. I had to do a taste test one first and it was tasty but a bit dense. I decided it would pass as edible and proceeded to demolish it.
Yesterday, Neil and I went rollerskating. I only lasted an hour before a blister formed on my food and my knee started to ache. I went grocery shopping while he did some skill stuff for derby then went back to pick him up. I decided that it'd be a good time to try the upper body section of my Jackie Warner. I talked Neil into joining me. Holy. Crap. I thought I'd be better since I'd been lifting on and off for the past few months but I was unprepared.
She calls it pyramid training. One pushup, back to your knees, one bicep curl. Back down - 2 pushups, 2 curls. Then 3 and 3 up to 10 and 10. Around rep 4-5 I started slowing down, then around 8 I sort of skipped a few and by 10 I was done. Five more combo moves, done in the same pyramid method and the burn was setting in. I felt good after but I'm sore!
Many people have commented to me that being sick so much, that it must have helped losing weight. Unfortunately, the only food I was able to keep down and what helped settled my stomach were carbs. Rice, bread, taters... I ate a significant amount over the past 12 weeks which has slowly added up. I'm hoping that while I am reducing the wheat/gluten I'll start to reduce my carbs back down to a reasonable amount again. I can do it! It's a lifestyle change - slow and steady.

No comments:
Post a Comment