Wednesday, January 23, 2013

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHvocados (and more)

I had forgotten that I picked up some avocados to make some recipes because of my super huge batches of dinner the past three days.

I decided today was the day I chose to use them all! All being four, but still, it's a lot to me. I went back in my recipe PDF library and found the avocado salad recipe I had originally wanted to make with dinner last Thursday. Red onion, cilantro, romaine, two avocados chopped up and tossed. Lime, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and wee bit of sugar make a snazzy dressing with a bit of zing.

I took the other two avocados and mashed them up with lime, salt and pepper and ate them with my quinoa 'crisps'. I tell you, there is nothing crisp about flattened styrofoam packing peanuts. No amount of guac could make them taste any form of good. Strike one more off the list.

Last night, however, I embraced the world of gluten free candy. I had a bag of "good stuff" Koala gummy bears. I started to try to just have a few try and see if I liked them. Turns out I like them and Neil doesn't. That works for me so that he won't be snacking on my gummy little friends. When I was eating them, all I could think about was the scene in "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" where the monkey (Steve) is fighting off / eating the gummy bears.


Today's experiment was Glutino chocolate vanilla creme cookies. Oreos, they are not however they are a borderline acceptable rendition. In a pinch, if I were really in dire need of oreo fix, they'd work. I'm thinking about freezing them and releasing them in small batches when I get a craving for a sweet treat.

I think I'm mentally in a panic because I'm not allowed to eat past midnight before my ultrasound and xray tomorrow. I'm looking for any little bit of food to shove in my mouth before midnight. Sort of the reverse of a gremlin. I'm excited to finally get it done (not to drink the glowing goo) but then I still have to wait for the results on Tuesday morning. This may sound bad about being excited but I really hope they find something. Just something to give me an answer and we can start treating it. If I knew for sure what was making me sick I'd just stop doing it or do whatever treatment is prescribed based on my results. It's the random thoughts, self diagnosis, might be, could be, should be that's driving me nuts (more so than usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment