Last night after I posted I decided to prepare for dinner today. The asparagus called for pomegranate seeds to be tossed in after they were pulled out of the oven. I’ve never seeded a pom before so I just went in blind. Oh my heavens it looked like a pink massacre had just happened in the kitchen. I should have googled it because when I did today it was an easy trick to seed it underwater. Brilliant. 24 hours too late but brilliant none the less.
Breakfast was what Neil once called poop. It’s quinoa flakes, almond milk, agave nectar and chocolate protein powder which makes the oatmeal-like concoction a lumpy shade of brown. Not so nice to look at but it is very tasty and filling. It takes me most of the morning to eat it.
Lunch was leftovers but I added a fairly hearty chicken tortellini soup from the cafeteria for an extra wee meal. I ate the leftovers through the afternoon in pieces to ensure I had enough fuel in my system to hit the gym.
I forgot to mention that yesterday I did a class with Sabrina at the gym called “Rock Bottom”. I had never done it before but since we’ve got a hate on for the power barbell class at the moment, we needed something else to try. Once Sabrina was able to bust into the locked classroom, we had one of the most intense classes I’ve done in a while. The “warm up” was about a zillion squats in various stances, then it moved into a variety of supersets of leg exercises. 35 minutes ridiculously sweaty minutes later, we turned attention to our core. Good. Lord. I limped out with super jello legs that have slowly firmed up into mildly seized tree stumps.
Today we thought we’d spy on the class we were thinking of taking on Tuesday nights to see what it’s about so we can try it next week. We noticed our least favourite instructor teaches the class so we settled on just doing upper body weights and do cardio. I found a mega set thing from Oxygen (well they say “giant”, I say “mega“) which I took us through four times. After that we did 21’s for chest and biceps. I’m already feeling it so I might have problems lifting things tomorrow.
Before I left for the gym I made dinner so Neil could be properly fueled for derby so it was a bit of torture to cook up some goodness and leave it behind but I had a spear of asparagus and rolled out for my cardio. Tonight’s menu included cilantro marinated pork tenderloin, roasted asparagus with quinoa.
A few hours after dinner I was still a little peckish so I dug through the vault and came out with an atikins peanut butter cup. Jackpot! Just enough to give me a taste of the sweet stuff without going crazy.
I’m trying to figure out when to fit in exercise tomorrow but seeing that I have an appointment with my osteopath to fix me, I might just take a night off and enjoy the double date we have planned at the movies.

No comments:
Post a Comment