My brother and I rolled down the 402 this morning to pick up some food I had delivered to the parcel place and to seek out some other new options for rolling back into my gluten free lifestyle. It's been a while and I remember that I felt so good while eating healthy and removing gluten / wheat from my life. The main reason why I went to the parcel place was to get my wicked heating pad I picked up for almost half of what it would cost here. The gluten free food was a bonus at first but then became a bit of a mission.
Today's road trip yielded the following bounty:
The Chebe is what I ordered from Vitacost when I saw it (and glowing reviews) on Amazon. I didn't want to order the giant size that Amazon offered without testing it first so when Vitacost had them on in smaller packaging with free shipping, I couldn't resist. The rest I picked up at Meijer and Walmart. Target had some stuff too, but nothing that Meijer didn't already have.
I thought I'd list the prices of them so you could make a decision whether or not running across the border is in your future to stock up on some for yourself. I'll be reviewing them all as I use them in case you're curious.
Vita cost
Chebe pizza crust: $5.38 for two boxes
Chebe cheese bread $5.18 for two boxes
Chebe cinnamon bun $3.09 (one box)
Meijer
Annie's Mac and Cheese 2.69
Qunioa Mac and Cheese 2.99
Glutino "oreos" 3.89
Glutino bread crumbs 3.59
Quinoa crispbread 3.99
Good stuff gummy bears 1.99
Rice thickener 2.69
Sunbutter and cracker snack kit 3.49
Hummus snack kit 3.49
Lentil cracker 2.99
Walmart
Kind bar 1.48
Bisquick mix 4.58
I have no idea if that's good or bad for pricing but since I was heading down there anyway. I'll probably pick up some on my way home from Florida in a month if I find something that I really love.
Tomorrow is my last day of being lazy. I've had a few days to chill after my last bad tummy episode so now it's time to get myself back on track. I watched the second Jackie Warner DVD and I think I can handle it. Stay tuned for the updates on the food, fitness and fun facts. Okay, maybe not so much on the fun facts, but I needed more f words that aren't mean and nasty.

No comments:
Post a Comment