Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cheat day?

It was supposed to be my first day but it didn’t really work out the way I had thought. We went out last night dancing and I was really good - I stuck to my meal plan having only four pieces of chex mix, one red bull at the bar and water for the entire time at the pre-drink and at the bar. I had a great time, even when I had a piece of glass break through the sole of my boot into my food. No blood but owie!

We went to the Alibi after the bar around 1:30. I was scanning the menu for something healthy, tasty and reasonably priced (yeah, I know, impossible at the Alibi). I thought “Hey - I know it’s technically Sunday so I’ll have a small plate of nachos and an iced tea” They were so tasty, but about 20 minutes after I finished about 2/3 of the serving I started to feel a bit ill. I’m not sure if it was from the red bull (which I hadn’t consumed for over two years), the overly large and sweet iced tea or the cheesy, meaty nachos but something wasn’t sitting right. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to ruin the “boys time” but by the time I got home I was just not a happy camper in the general digestion area. I went to bed around 3:30 hoping to sleep it off but when I woke up around 7am I couldn’t stop it. Let’s just say I was praying to the porcelain gods.  I managed to nap for about an hour after, feeling better but you just can’t shake off that feeling easily.

Since it was my first cheat day I felt I should still give it a good old college try.
Breakfast was at Archies: bacon, two eggs, two pieces of toast, home fries and chocolate milk. I didn’t finish my home fries which for me is ridiculous since I love almost anything potato based.
 Lunch: Two IKEA hotdogs assembled with LOTS of relish and ketchup. Onion rings on the way home from A&W with an iced tea.
Snack: about 5 jelly beans, 3 spearmint leaves, 10 gum drops and around 15 sour fruit type things.
Dinner:  KD Sharp Cheddar with two pieces of wonder bread. I barely ate what I poured into the bowl and had to hand it off to Neil to finish.

I just never was able to shake the gross belly feeling from the nachos. I didn't even touch the donuts or my Reese Big Cups!

I’ll try again next week. I’m planning to eat a meal at Popeye’s since they have biscuits - mmm… biscuits. I have also have six marvelous Krispy Kreme donuts in my possession waiting to be consumed, now in the fridge sealing in their sweet, chocolate and sprinkle covered, whip cream filled goodness.

Progress is happening though. As of this morning I was down to 235 for the second day in a row so I feel comfortable posting it now. I wasn’t really craving the junk food yesterday but I wanted to follow the process and try to rid me of the cravings for as long as possible. I’m going to aim a bit lower this week with my goals. Four days at the gym, all with weights and try to lose 1.5lbs. Achievable goal - let’s see if I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. Let's take a walk to Druxy's this week... that should help with burning off some calories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart your Archie's breakfast!

    ReplyDelete