Sunday, February 20, 2011

Look boss - dee plan! Dee plan!

As noted in the previous post, I’ve had some experience with weight loss. The easiest and most successful one I found was the fat loss program I was on with Goodlife. In the meal plan guide there were options for eating out and still staying on track. Although they were supposed to be for emergency situations, I ended up eating them pretty much all the time. Not the cheapest way to do things, but by far the easiest. Having a trainer for half an hour, three times a week was very motivational to speed up my progress. Second to that program was when I was seeing a nutritionist who gave me some great meal plan ideas along with the concept to try eating super clean and healthy for six days but then eating whatever (and I mean whatever) you want on the seventh. Even the “big guy” took a day off so what could it hurt, right?

The first week was McD’s and a very extensive (and expensive) trip to the Bulk Barn. I ate SO much food but then felt SO sick after. The second week, less junk was purchased and consumed but the sickness still returned. Each week was progressively less junk until just a small treat seemed to satisfy me. This is the route I’m going to attempt to take this time.

Six days of eating healthy and then one day with no rules. Return to the gym for five days of cardio with three to four days of lifting mixed in with the cardio. I’ve been considering eating nothing but Powersauce bars but I don’t think I’d get all the nutrition I’d need from them.

There is another test I’m setting for myself and that is to eliminate carbonated beverages from my diet completely. No cheat days - just complete denial. For those of you who work with me, feel free to come take some free cans of diet coke / pepsi with lime from my stash. I’m stocking up the advil to help ease the transition from the caffeine withdrawal that is bound to happen.

I’m also going to be wearing my arm band from BodyMedia I purchased while I was on Jenny Craig. It helps monitor your calories burned, steps taken as well as your sleep patterns / quality. I find it very interesting to track of these things, while linking them with actual results. It also has a place to log your calories in to make sure you’re not eating too much. This can be time consuming but worth it in the end to keep your eye on excess calories.

So starting tomorrow - no junk food for six days and no more sodie pop.

Tune in tomorrow to see what my start weight is going to be. Measurements will be done and posted on  Wednesday. As for tonight - off to see my favourite 80’s cover band and have a few drinks to celebrate the beginning of the end.

1 comment:

  1. Not the beginning of the end - the beginning of a new era! Much less dire :) As for the soda, sure wish I could scoot over and haul that stuff outta there for you. I'd totally take it for the team, but alas...might take me a while to get there.

    ReplyDelete