So, here we go. Day one. After a night of singing, drinking and consumption of large amounts of carbs I weighed myself this morning when I dragged my slightly hung over behind out of bed. Here’s how it went:
“Be quiet Higgins, I’ll feed you in a minute”. Tap scale. “E” shows up. Hmmm… this isn’t a good sign. Tap again. “0” appears. I’m okay with that. “FRIG HIGGINS - I’ll feed you in a minute!” Damn - scale turned off. Tap again. “0” appears, step on the scale. Lines appear, blink a few times then it appears: 238.0lbs.
Oddly enough I was happy with that. I thought after the amount of alcohol, nachos and spaghetti I consumed last night I’d be into the 240’s. It’s still not as bad as my heaviest when I was 265lbs, but not as good as where I was before I went back to school which was around 210lbs. I had a spell where I dipped down to 198 for a week but that went to crap quite quickly.
Alright so here we are. You all know my weight and soon you’ll know my measurements. I’m hoping that being accountable to all of you will help me stick with it and get down under 200 by my friend’s wedding October 1st. It’s completely doable - I can do it!
Today was also a good day for sticking to the plan. I went to the movies and I avoided eating the popcorn, drinking a pop and punching some kids out. We went to see Gnomeo and Juliet and the population of the theatre was about 90 per cent kids who either wanted to run into me because they weren’t looking up or they wanted to talk through the entire movie. I hope you all know I would never actually punch a kid - I just should have known better than to go on a holiday to a movie during the noon hour.
So there we go. One day almost done with no hiccups. Hopefully you’ll stick with me as I stick with it.
For the record:
ReplyDeletea) I WOULD punch a kid.
b) I'm stickin with ya.
All the way, baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing at the Higgins comments. And I'd probably punch a kid too.
ReplyDelete