Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I’m a loser already!

So I thought about going to the gym today. Does that count? Oh - I’m also watching the biggest loser where people are working out. That must count for something…

I had a great lunch and put the blinders on when I walked into the cafeteria and made a bee line for the salad bar. I was so excited to not be tempted by the glorious glass case of goodness but then I checked out what the guy in front of me had on his plate and almost started drooling. Banana chocolate cake. Look up dammit! Why are you staring at it?! Just keep moving… there we go. Now for that tasty salad. Yeah!

Today went by well up until around 2pm when I started craving something sweet and bubbly. What’s that Diet Pepsi with lime? You want me to drink you? I started to think that one day under my belt might be a good day to cave because I wouldn’t really have lost any large amount of progress. But I held out! I ate my edemame pouch and had a yogurt cup. I’m not going to lie - I still wanted a bottle of real coca cola classic and a little bag of candy (or two) from the store in the lobby across the street. It’s only a buck and it’s just a nice taste of sweet, sweet goodness. Wow. I just read that over again and I really sound like I have a sugar addiction.

I weighed myself this morning and there was progress but I want to wait and see what happens tomorrow with the measurements to post them. Daily fluctuations are normal and sometimes stressful but it helps to get an average weight loss over the week rather than a once a week check in. Sometimes I want to wait to measure in and get that “YEAH!” moment when I see the scale but then there could be that “WTF! I did so well with my eating why is this happening?!” moment.

I’ve also planned out my cheat day which was taken to the next level when it was suggested that instead of just going to Exeter for my favourite sprinkle donut, I’m going to Krispy Kreme in Mississauga to get a chocolate dip with sprinkles as well as a whipped cream filled, chocolate dipped donut.  We’re also going to go to Ikea to return some things before the return date passes. Yeah - that’s totally the reason we’re going.

So there we go - I survived day two without carbonated bevy’s and without any unhealthy treats. At lunch today Michelle mentioned it takes 21 days to change a habit. It’s going to be a long 19 days… Measurements tomorrow - tune in to see another start point marker.

4 comments:

  1. 21 days? Damn. I always heard it was three. Then again, my week long (or so) breakup with Coke wasn't so successful. Guess I should have held out a little longer.

    Keep it up, girl! I'm cheering' you on from Stratty. And hey, dancing counts as exercise, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a shout-out! That totally deserves a comment (after I figured out how to log in again!)... Lol!

    Cat, I know you'll do amazing... You've already lost some numbers, which is pretty awesome! Give it even more time and you'll see fantastic results! And in less than 21 days... I'm sure of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That KK in Mississauga is still ticking? Ha! Hope the treats were good. I still don't know what an edemame pouch is...

    ReplyDelete