Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The anti check list

Meal plan - didn’t happen. Boxing - didn’t happen. Swollen knee - happened. On the upside I didn’t have a pop or any absurd snacking today and I only really had a piece of cake yesterday. Oh yeah. And a cupcake from the caf. Damned cafeteria.

I saw my trainer this morning and she took me through a nice “break me back in” workout. I was already feeling sore from the weekend so thankfully we did mostly upper body. I made it through the morning but then just after lunch my knee just started aching. By the time I got home… ow. I was icing it debating whether or not to go to volleyball. It is play offs but we’re fighting to be the best of the worst group. I can’t say I was thrilled about pushing myself to go but our team is notorious for not going to late games.

I was worried that we’d forfeit the game so I thought that if I at least showed and they played a bit short that’s be better than not going. Thankfully we had five people including me so it wasn’t as crazy as playing with four. I did my best and we actually won two out of three games! Now, however, my knee is a bit bigger and is sore to the touch. Yarg.

So I need to make a meal plan for the rest or the week, mostly because I now have overtime to do on Thursday and want to make sure Neil is going to be fed. I also now have to factor a bit of recovery time in there since icing is going to be key to getting the swelling down.

I’m hoping for boxing next week since my trainer is on vacation and I’ll need something to keep me going. I’m still feeling “GO ME!” but a little less oomph pah pah and rah rah sis boom bah. yay me?

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have won last night without all yer killer serves! Thanks for coming! Summer games won't be the same without ya

    ReplyDelete