I’m sorry - I really did want to post last night but since I spent 13 hours at work I didn’t really feel like getting on the lappie other than to get some emails cleaned up about the reunion coming up in May.
Spending so much time at work was a bit of a challenge but I planned well and had a bunch of snacks to keep me through. However I was outsmarted by a locked door around 8pm when I tried to get up to where I stored my coke earlier that day. Apparently they like to lock the door to the entire corner of the building there instead of just their individual offices. Ah well, I just made some crystal light lemonade and moved on with my evening.
I saw my trainer again yesterday morning to do lower body. I was a bit concerned because of my knee swelling Tuesday but I pushed through it. I am babying it a bit by not doing cardio for a few days. Tomorrow is going to be my first day back on the elliptical since Sunday. I’ve got the magic bag in the freezer and a bunch of advil on hand, just in case.
I forgot to mention that I fired my rheumatologist last week. I just didn’t feel that any thing he was telling me was making me get any better. He basically said I’m fat and I’m doing too much activity. He also said that I should be putting 40 anti inflammatory drops on my knee four times a day, just in case. He told me to stop teaching kickboxing (which kind of made sense) but then said I shouldn’t be doing ANY hair at all, even if it’s just an hour here and there, which it is. He tried to argue with my physiotherapist that I didn’t need a knee brace for when I play volleyball because I shouldn’t be playing volleyball. I was dreading my May appointment and I figured that wasn’t a good sign. So I’m going to just keep living life and if anything goes haywire I’ll see about being referred to a new specialist, even if I have to go out of town. I’m hoping acupuncture and seeing my naturopath will do me better than anything he can do.
Okay so plans for the weekend are to get a little pampering and REALLY make a meal plan this week. My trainer is on vacation next week so my challenge is going to be doing weights 2-3x and then get my morning cardio sessions back on track. go me… I think.
I just have to share a thought on a video I caught today when I turned on the tele. For some reason the set in the basement was set to CMT (the country music channel), possibly because they have some great comedy shows on later in the evening but that’s not the point here. I turned it on to iron and saw Justin Beiber featuring Rascal Flats. They both seemed so into it but really, do you think Rascal Flats was super excited to be singing with a 17 year old boy? Just saying, it didn’t seem to jive.
No comments:
Post a Comment